An international aid group has condemned Saudi Arabia’s latest airstrikes on Yemen which it said targeted regions close to homes of its staff in the capital city.
“The Norwegian Refugee Council is appalled by Saudi-led coalition strikes on a highly-populated business district in Sana’a earlier today. We abhor the ongoing use of violence to intimidate civilian populations under the guise of efforts to protect them. Yemeni people are not collateral. Adherence to the laws of war is not optional,” said the aid group in a statement released on Monday.
The Yemeni Ministry of Health also slammed the deadly airstrikes which were carried out on the presidential palace in Sana’a.
The ministry further called on the international community to slam Saudi Arabia’s deadly attacks and put pressure on kingdom to halt its war crimes against its impoverished neighbor.
Earlier in the day, at least half a dozen civilians were been killed and dozens more wounded after two airstrikes carried out by warplanes of a Saudi-led military coalition hit the office of the presidency in the Yemeni capital of Sana’a.
The Saudi-led offensive has, however, achieved neither of its goals despite the spending of billions of petrodollars and the enlisting of Saudi Arabia’s regional and Western allies. The United States and Britain, in particular, are accused of being complicit in the aggression as they supply the Riyadh regime with advanced weapons and military equipment.