Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesman General Brigadier Yahya Sare’e gave a press statement on Thursday, in which he praised the victories of the Army and Popular Committees in Bayda province during Operation Al-Nasr Al-Mubin (Clear Victory).
During his inspection visit to the Army and Popular Committees in Aqaba al-Qantha, Brigadier General Yahya Sare’e confirmed that the victory deterred Al-Qaeda and Daesh members, sponsored by Saudi Arabia, the UAE and the US.
Sare’e explained that hundreds of kilometers of the occupied Yemeni territory was cleared within four days of the second phase of Operation Al-Nasr Al-Mubin, all the way to Aqaba al-Qantha overlooking the fronts of Bayda and Murad in the Ma’rib governorate.
He pointed out that “the heroes of the Army and Popular committees are now overlooking Bihan district in Shabwah governorate from all sides, which have now come under fire of the Army and Popular Committees.”
Addressing the people of Yemen, Sare’e said the offensive would continue until the “last inch of the Yemeni territory is cleared of foreign mercenaries,” adding that the morale of Yemeni resistance forces remains high.
Earlier this week, Sare’e had announced the liberation of two key districts, Na’man and Nati’ from the control of foreign mercenaries in Bayda.
He said that an area of 380 square kilometers had been liberated, while at least 160 terrorists were neutralized in the military operation by the Yemeni Armed Forces and Popular Committees.
In the second phase of the military operation, he noted, the forces of the US-Saudi aggression had conducted at least 67 raids against Yemeni forces.
Yemeni Army, in turn, used solid-fuel Badr and Sa’eer missiles as well as drones to target the mercenaries.