The UN mission monitoring the peace deal between warring parties in Yemen’s Hodeidah has confirmed that the National salvation government has fully withdrawn its forces from three key ports in the region, as agreed upon on the Stockholm agreement.
Lieutenant General Michael Lollesgaard, who heads the UN monitoring mission in Hodeidah, has said in a statement that regular UN patrols had not detected any Yemeni military presence in the three Red Sea ports of Hodeidah, Salif and Ras Isa since May 14.
Lollesgaard said the National Salvation Government (known as the Houthis by the invaders and Western mainstream media) has removed all military installations and equipment had from Salif and Ras Isa, with some remaining in Hodeidah, but unmanned.
Lollesgaard called on the Yemeni government to “expeditiously complete the removal of all military manifestations, including trenches, as part of their commitment to the process.”
The National Salvation Government’s unilateral withdrawal from the ports in early May was the most significant advance yet for peace efforts to end the war that has been waged by the Saudi-led coalition against Yemen for over four years.
The withdrawal happened in full correspondence with the peace agreement signed in Sweden in December. However, the Saudi-led invaders have so far not initiated any actions towards peace whatsoever.