4 Killed, 10 Injured In Shooting During Family Celebration In California Banquet Hall

At least four people were killed and 10 others were hospitalized with injuries following a shooting at a California banquet hall where a family was hosting a celebration Saturday night, authorities said.

Gunfire erupted shortly before 6 p.m. at the location on the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue in the city of Stockton, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s spokesperson Heather Brent said during a news conference at the scene.

Brent added the victims included children and adults.

Early indications “suggest this may have been a targeted incident,” Brent said during a news conference at the scene.

Detectives were still working to identify a possible motive.

Authorities did not immediately provide additional information about the conditions of the victims. Officials said earlier that several were taken to hospitals.