UNESCO, cooperation with 10 leading museums around the world, launched today within the UNESCO-led #Unite4heritage campaign, an initiative called “Yemeni Heritage Week – Museums United for Yemen” aimed at raising awareness on the great richness of Yemen’s culture and history from 24 to 30 April 2016.
All the participating museums will organize temporary exhibitions and highlights of Yemeni collections at their respective museums. These exhibitions will provide general public with a great opportunity to explore and understand cultural heritage of Yemen, which is not always well-known in the world.
Participating museums include:
– The Ashmolean Museum
– The British Museum
– Louvre Museum
– Metropolitan Museum of Art
– Museo Nazionale d’Arte Orientale “Guiseppe Tucci”
– Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (Kunstkamera)
– The State Hermitage Museum
– The State Museum of Oriental Art
– The Walters Art Museum